When it comes to planning the perfect honeymoon, you may have heard of popular destinations like Paris, Bali, and the Maldives. While these places certainly offer romance and beauty, there’s something truly magical about venturing off the beaten path to discover a destination that remains relatively untouched by mass tourism. If you and your partner are seeking natural beauty, pristine beaches, and a sense of escape, then Palawan, Philippines, may be your dream honeymoon destination. In this blog post, we will take you on a journey to explore the untouched beauty of Palawan, where you can create memories that will last a lifetime.
Before we dive into the wonders of Palawan, let’s discuss why this remote paradise should be at the top of your honeymoon destination list.
Palawan is often referred to as the “Last Frontier” of the Philippines, and for a good reason. This remote province boasts:
- Natural Beauty: Palawan is home to some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes you’ll ever encounter. Towering limestone cliffs, crystal-clear waters, lush jungles, and underground rivers are just some of the natural wonders waiting to be explored.
- Untouched Beaches: If you dream of pristine, uncrowded beaches with powdery white sand and turquoise waters, Palawan delivers in spades. El Nido, in particular, is renowned for its hidden coves and secluded shores.
- Unique Adventures: From exploring underground rivers to island-hopping and snorkeling in vibrant coral reefs, Palawan offers a wide range of unique adventures that will leave you in awe of its beauty.
Now that you know why Palawan is a top-notch honeymoon destination let’s delve into the specifics of what makes this tropical paradise so special.
Exploring El Nido’s Lagoons
El Nido is perhaps the most famous destination in Palawan, and for a good reason. It’s a place that feels like it’s straight out of a fantasy novel. El Nido is known for its limestone karst formations, emerald-green lagoons, and hidden beaches.
One of the must-do activities in El Nido is exploring the captivating lagoons. These lagoons are surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and can be accessed by kayak or small boat. Some of the most renowned lagoons include:
- Big Lagoon: The Big Lagoon lives up to its name with its expansive, clear waters surrounded by towering cliffs. It’s a great spot for snorkeling and swimming.
- Small Lagoon: This hidden gem can be accessed through a small opening in the rocks. Once inside, you’ll find yourself in a tranquil lagoon with calm waters, perfect for a peaceful paddle.
- Secret Lagoon: The Secret Lagoon is hidden behind a karst wall and can be reached by swimming or snorkeling through a small hole in the rocks. Inside, you’ll discover a hidden pool surrounded by lush vegetation.
The Puerto Princesa Underground River
Another natural wonder that Palawan is famous for is the Puerto Princesa Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New7Wonders of Nature. This underground river stretches for 8.2 kilometers, making it one of the longest navigable underground rivers in the world. Exploring it is a truly unique and awe-inspiring experience.
To visit the underground river, you’ll take a guided boat tour into the cave system. Inside, you’ll be surrounded by intricate rock formations, including stalactites and stalagmites, all beautifully illuminated by spotlights. Keep an eye out for the diverse wildlife that calls the cave home, including bats, swallows, and unique species of fish.
Palawan’s island-hopping adventures are nothing short of extraordinary. Each island has its charm, from hidden coves to vibrant coral reefs teeming with marine life. Here are a few highlights of Palawan’s island-hopping experiences:
- Bacuit Bay: Explore Bacuit Bay near El Nido, where you can hop from one stunning island to another. Stop at Shimizu Island for snorkeling, visit the iconic Secret Beach, and relax on the white sands of Seven Commando Beach.
- Coron Island: Head to Coron, another gem in Palawan, known for its stunning lakes, hot springs, and world-class wreck diving. You can explore underwater shipwrecks from World War II and take a dip in the rejuvenating Maquinit Hot Springs.
- Balabac Islands: For the more adventurous honeymooners, consider a trip to the Balabac Islands, located in the southernmost part of Palawan. Here, you’ll find remote, pristine beaches, including the famous Pink Beach, known for its blush-colored sands.
Palawan, Philippines, is a hidden paradise waiting to be discovered by adventurous honeymooners like you. With its untouched natural beauty, pristine beaches, and unique adventures, Palawan offers a romantic and unforgettable experience that rivals any other honeymoon destination. Whether you’re exploring El Nido’s enchanting lagoons, embarking on a boat tour of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, or island-hopping through Bacuit Bay, Palawan promises to be a destination that will leave you and your partner with cherished memories for a lifetime.
As you plan your honeymoon, consider this hidden gem, where you can create a truly exceptional and intimate experience. Palawan is not just a destination; it’s a journey into the heart of nature’s beauty, and it’s the perfect backdrop for the beginning of your lifelong adventure together.